Once you have made contact you will go through the following procedures when becoming a responder with Peak 4x4 Response:
1. Complete a membership application form. This needs to be done in person at a meeting.
2. Once we have received your completed form, you will be contacted to participate in a Driver Assessment.
3. Upon a successful assessment, you will be required to pay the annual subscription of £15.00. This fee goes towards the costs of the Group Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), your Identity Card and towards the Public Liability Insurance and you will need to send a photo (head shot) for your Identity Card. It is important to remember that we are a not-for-profit organisation so are self-funding.
4. You will be issued with your PR number and Group handbook which contains lots of information, contact details and your training record.
5. Members are required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, in accordance with Derbyshire County Councils policy, as we are members of the Local Resilience Forum (LRF).
Training is organised to cover a wide array of skills relating to the tasks we undertake for our partners. Training dates will be made available to you, and you are encouraged to take advantage of the enormous range of expertise amongst our membership.